Accelerating application development and deployment processes for the cloud and digital era doesn’t just happen. Building the next-generation of enterprise apps, which are likely going to be cloud-native, requires a new set of tools, practices, and platforms is a vital component to the success of these transformation initiatives. The variety, scope, and scale of these new demands can seem overwhelming, but Red Hat and our global systems integrators partners like DXC Technology are ready to help. End-to-end containerization and platform services, managed by “not you”. DXC Managed Container PaaS, powered by Red Hat OpenShift, lets developers build, deploy, and manage containerized applications at scale on a single platform—on bare-metal or virtual networks, as well as across private and public clouds. The platform runs on a fully managed DXC environment and can be combined with DXC’s cloud-native application development and managed security solutions for an enhanced DevSecOps enterprise experience. It deploys OpenShift clusters using automation, and manages, patches and upgrades these OpenShift clusters while abstracting the complexities of these tasks from enterprise IT teams. The platform, supported by other Red Hat technologies including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Virtualization, and Red Hat Ansible Automation, features built-in operational management capabilities that self-run application building, testing, deployment, and scaling. With a fully integrated IT services management backplane, enterprises can better manage new application nodes, storage, disaster recovery, ticketing, and monitoring. DXC’s unified operating model integrates new cloud capabilities and manages these workloads across different infrastructure types, enabling organizations to more quickly scale-out via a self-service portal to support changing business needs. Return on investment Red Hat customers using DXC Managed Container PaaS have the opportunity to realize
- Accelerated application development and deployment: Achieve a faster time-to-market with continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) and shorter release cycles. This approach can shorten development time by 2x.
- High availability and scalability: Full-stack application management and monitoring help deliver 99.9% service availability and can more quickly and easily scale with one-click functionality.
- Application transformation: IT teams can modernize applications more quickly with containerization and cloud-native application development services running on the industry’s most comprehensive enterprise Kubernetes platform in Red Hat OpenShift.
- Increased application security: Improved end-to-end security and compliance visibility when OpenShift is combined with DXC’s more secure cloud infrastructure.
- Platform consistency and independence: The solution offers a single platform that can deploy applications across public, private and hybrid environments with consistent capabilities and controls, making it easier to extend IT, teams, without requiring cross-training or new skills.